Welcome to Tonto!
We acknowledge our collaborators and we welcome new blood.
Enjoy your visit!
- Simple ... Tonto makes quantum chemistry and crystallography simple to understand and use
- Fast ... Tonto makes quantum chemistry and crystallography fast
- Efficient ... Tonto allows anyone, expert or not, to develop new techniques with minimum effort
- Radical ... Tonto facilitate unusual applications with a strong focus on experiment and interpretation.
- Free... Tonto is free under the less restrictive LGPL license.
- Robust ... Tonto works out of the box, it doesn't crash but tells you what it doesn't understand
- Fun ... most importantly, ensure Tonto is fun to work with!
We want Tonto to be for those people who are into new and original scientific explorations.
Tonto for users
Calculate and analyze wavefunctions.
Tonto as a library
Tonto for developers
Getting started ...
Moving on ...
Going deeper ...
About the name Tonto
Some who are old (like Dylan) will know that Tonto was the Lone Rangers trusty Indian helper.
Tonto is supposed to be your helper.
Those from a Spanish/Italian background will also know another meaning for Tonto.
Even a Tonto can start using Tonto!
Tonto: A Fortran Based Object-Oriented System for Quantum Chemistry and Crystallography,
D. Jayatilaka and D. J. Grimwood,
Computational Science - ICCS 2003, 4, 142-151.